The Proper Way to Shave
We love to make you look and feel great, and there's no better way to do that than to make sure all your hair is where it should be, and styled in the correct manner.
Many men have grown up not knowing the proper way to shave, or that there is a healthier, eco friendly, and more fun alternative to the multi-blade cartridge razors and aerosol creams. Problems like razor burn/razor bumps, and ingrown hairs are easily avoided if the proper shaving techniques are used. Conventional wet shaving not only provides the closest shave possible, but nothing beats the luxury or pleasure of a hot towel, premium shaving products, and lathering up with a badger hair brush. Here is a great little shaving tutorial from the fellas of Trove General Store that should get you caught up to speed.
STEP 1 / PREPWORK and MATERIALS-
– Quality Shaving Soap/Cream (Try Chiseled Face Groomatorium Soaps, $12.99)
– Towel (you can use any small bath towel or wash cloth)
– Razor Blades ($1.00-$4.50 for a pack of 10, I like Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum)
– Double Edge Safety Razor ($17.95 +)
– Badger Hair Shave Brush (Parker $26.95+)
– Facial Scrub (Optional-We currently don't stock facial scrubs)
– Daily Face Wash (Cowboy Comb Face/Beard Wash $4.99)
– After Shave Balm (Stirling Aftershave Balm $8 for a 4+ months supply)
-Aftershave Splash (Try Captain's Choice Bay Rum. Witch Hazel and Glycerin with essential oils leave your skin feeling and smelling fantastic.)
You can purchase any of the products mentioned above on our website:
STEP 2 / INSPECTION OF HAIR GROWTH DIRECTION
Or for a more "WAKE UP" experience, a quality aftershave does wonders for tightening skin, and soothing minor cut and irritation after shaving.